Sibhaca Tradition Dance

Sibhaca Tradition Dance
Prize Giving Day at a Local High School

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sitting on a Gold Mine


For the last 9 weeks, I have been trying to get my data analyzed.  I’ve been to 4 different agencies and to the government statistic office 9 times.  My time in Swaziland is ticking and I am no longer patient, and am losing my ability to be tactful.
Is the whole study a waste if I do not get the data disseminated while I’m in Swaziland?  Will any change happen if I report my findings after I leave?  How can I not go back to the people I surveyed to share what I found and discuss ways to help them?  Right now I feel like a huge disappointment.  But I’ve done everything I can think of to make the study a success.  I am working so hard and nothing is changing.  I need to let go.
But let go of a study I’ve worked on for 2 years?  Something that I quit my job for, left my friends and family, put my life on hold, and flew across an ocean for?  I’m sitting on a gold mine.  I’m about to start digging with my hands…

No comments:

Post a Comment